What other skills could be involved?
Think Quick - what to look out for...
- Encourage Smashies to say “BOUNCE” when the ball bounces and “HIT” when it hits the bat.
- Encourage Smashies to think where the ball is travelling to and move to hit it successfully.
- Encourage Smashies to think about a long elephant trunk motion to help with underarm bowling.
Mix it Up
- Begin with rolling the ball along the ground, then progress to underarm throws, overarm throws and then finally bowling. Use a larger ball to make it easier.
- Move the cone forward or backward to increase or decrease the distance between the bowler and the batter.
+ Decrease the size of the castle, making the target smaller.
Honesty | Pono - How could the Smashies be honest when they play this game?
Support | Tautoko - In what ways can Smashies support their partner or teammates when playing?
Cooperation | Mahi tahi - How could Smashies work together when they play?
Smash it up
Mission – Add different gates to hit through to score extra points as an Energy Boost.
Boss Battle – Smashies vs Activators / Coaches / Teachers / Whānau.
Arena Mode – Make gates bigger or smaller as required.
- What were some of the ways that your team cooperated today?
- How did you show support for each other?
- How were you honest in the game?