What other skills could be involved?
Think quick - what to look out for...
- Encourage Smashies to think about where they are aiming. What about the target could help them focus.
- Encourage Smashies to say “BOUNCE” when the ball bounces and “HIT” when it hits the bat.
Mix it Up
- Change the size of the islands to make the targets easier or include differing lengths of holes (shorter) to cater for individual needs.
- Drop feed by Smashie partner instead of hitting off a tee.
+ Add in obstacles – gates of cones – so that striking can be directional within holes.
+ Smaller island targets.
Honesty | Pono - How could the Smashies be honest when they play this game?
Support | Tautoko - In what ways can Smahies support their partner or teammates when playing
Cooperation | Mahi tahi - How could Smashies work together when they play?
Smash it Up
Mission – Add an Island to one hole as a bonus hole. Smashies can choose to hit towards either island. One will add a point to their score, one will take a point away.
Boss Battle – Smashies vs Activators / Coaches / Teachers / Whānau.
Arena Mode – Remove an island as the game progresses to reduce the playing area, or add a new island to increase the playing area.
- What were some of the ways that your team cooperated today?
- How did you show support for each other?
- How were you honest in the game?