What other skills could be involved?
Movement – Running
Think Quick – what to look out for…
- Encourage Smashies to think about how to step towards the target and how to swing their arms.
- Encourage Smashies to think about where they are aiming. What about the target could help them focus.
Mix it Up
- Make the targets larger and / or make distances smaller.
+ Make it a race, introducing running and speed (how many targets can you hit in one minute).
Honesty | Pono - How could the Smashies be honest when they play this game?
Support | Tautoko - In what ways can Smashies support their partner or teammates when playing
Cooperation | Mahi tahi - How could Smashies work together when they play?
Smash it Up
Mission – Use non-dominant hand for an Energy Boost and points are doubled.
Boss Battle – Smashies vs Activators / Coaches / Teachers / Whānau.
Arena Mode – Make the arena smaller (remove targets) or bigger (add targets) as the game progresses. Add in obstacles between targets.
- What were some of the ways that your team cooperated today?
- How did you show support for each other?
- How were you honest in the game?
Don’t Forget to Ask…
- I like the way you...
- How did you throw the ball when targets were closer to you?
- What body parts did you use more to roll the ball at a target that was further away from you?
- Did the ball travel faster in the air or on the ground?
- What shape did you make with your body to stop the ball?